Friday 17 December 2010

Frankie Boyle On Bromley


Just finished reading Frankie Boyle's autobiography, My Shit Life So Far. Yes I know, only cunts read the autobiographies of panel show contestants, a point Frankie himself raises in the Introduction.

Anyway, in his book Frankie describes the time he spent in Bromley. This struck a chord with me because I've lived in Bromley all my life.

Basically, if you ever have to go there and you really can't get out of it, kill yourself. I'd kill myself if I had to change trains there. Nobody between the ages of 18 and 30 lives there; only the occasional acid casualty living with their parents will have failed to get the fuck out at the first opportunity. It's so incredibly nondescript that I would feel foolish trying to describe it. Avoid.

He's right too. Steer well clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment